Monday, July 30, 2012

Lets talk about "Killing" (part 3)

 My last post on this stuff for right now. I'm a big time Treky. Big Time. I've enjoyed all of the series for the most part, with DS9 being my favorite. What did it for me on that series was storytelling, characters, and continuity. There's that word again. Continuity. I want people to feel like they are in familiar territory when reading these shorts. I think the late, great, Robert B Parker did this better than anyone else in the literary world. I'm going to present familiar characters that will appear from time to time to give that continuity. Again, I'll be using Jacksonville as the backdrop, an are I lived at for 40 plus years for a setting. The POV character changes with every tale but some of the background folks will return for frequent visits.   

No comments:

Post a Comment