Monday, July 30, 2012

Let's talk about "Killing" (2)

Onto one of my other favorite shows is Battlestar Galactica. The new version that came out in the last few years. Let my digress a second and give tribute to Ronald D Moore the head honcho over that operation. I learned so much about storytelling from that man. Anyway, on to his creation. Have I mentioned I like gray characters? How about this, I love stories with a darkness or edginess attached to them. And that's what 5 years of BG provided for me. I want to present that in my stories. I want to be uncomfortable writing them, reading them. Very little has given me this feeling in entertainment since. Chris Nolan's Batman movies have. George R R Martin's A song of ice and fire does. James Swallow, an underrated SF writer does. I want to present characters like this. I want to present situations like this. On to the final page on this if you are so inclined... 

No comments:

Post a Comment