Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Post Children

Welcome to the day after.


Children AD.


Well, maybe not quite...


Anyway, the first night's release seems to always be a rousing success and last night and early this morning is no different. Downloads of Whirlwind and accompanying titles went well. I don't look a gift horse in the mouth however. I always think it is wise to stop and acknowledge loyal readers as well as newbies who have joined the party. Like I said in a couple post yesterday, there were times that I didn't think we would get to this point. Children clocked in at a little over 300,000 words total for the series. It took a lot of planning and plotting (and some of you might say plodding) to get to the end. But it was my story told the way that I thought it had to be told at this time, in speaking of which--


The Amazon complete and uncut edition is coming. I have all of the previous volumes of course. The formatting shouldn't be TOO rough, but you never know. My reasons: 1. As most of you older readers know, Where are our Children was always intended to be one volume. I still would like to get that version out there. 2. I have epigraphs (quotes) at the beginning of each chapter that give deeper insight into characters and plots that are absent in serial form. I think it would enhance reader experience by getting those in there. 3. I'm not interested in selling my work anymore. I AM interested in getting more readers. Amazon, like them or not, is the top dog in the game. If I have an exclusive book with them then I can take advantage of their KDF program which gives me certain free days each quarter.


On to other things:


I have at least 4 of Sapp's Sports Study articles on the way. Fiction is what I do. Fiction is where my first love is. Yet, these articles let me get my opinion ( and it is just an opinion) out there on sports subjects that I care about. These articles have more readers than my fiction does on ITunes and is very competitive everywhere else. I've got four more topics to hit on: The present and future of the NFL, the crisis of amateur athletics, should we be paying college football players and one more to be finalized later. Again, these are fun (not saying writing fiction is not fun.) They will also buy me a little time as I finalize what and how I will publish the fiction that will last as long as my life or e publishing does.


Anyway, thanks for reading this particularly long post today. Enjoy Whirlwind.


No Rules. Just Write.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment