Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Late Night Thoughts

I'm not going to get into the habit of talking to you guys more than once a day over here. (grin). My blog or not I don't want to be overbearing, but I had just one or two last points to share with you before bed.


I never get tired of saying THANK YOU for the downloads that you guys have performed at Smashwords and elsewhere across the net. I'm looking at the biggest download day of my stuff EVER and it feels great.


People may wonder why I do this for free. I guess the better question is why do I do this and not try to earn some money for it. The answer is both simple and complex. I have a good job especially for someone with just a high school degree and some college. I've been there now for over 25 years. I have my stresses and the like just like every other working person in America, but for the most part I love what I do. I would be better to spend my time volunteering for overtime than trying to sell ebooks across the net. Really.


The other reason is I'm having a ball writing and publishing characters and plots that I've had in my head since I was a kid. I love my readers. But in truth, I am writing for ME first. I'm leaving nothing to chance. Do poor review hurt sometimes? Sure they do. I would be a liar if I said otherwise. But again I'm writing for me first.


And if you guys think you've seen bold, you ain't seen nothing yet.


One final thing before I get in total relax mode before work tomorrow...Formatting a 300,000 word novel is as fun and as challenging as I thought it would be. I'm a third of the way there guys. Maybe, just maybe you guys who like Amazon will get to have this complete and uncut edition in your hands by this weekend.


Maybe.


No more from me tonight. Promise.


No Rules. Just Write.  

No comments:

Post a Comment