Thursday, August 16, 2012

Where are our children?

As any reader to this blog, my plans change by the day, if not by the hour. For now I've lost my fictional voice. I don't know how to get it back. No matter how much I outline or template a story I can't see it through. I won't say never on this front but for now fiction is out except...my novel. The first draft is done as I've stated before. I seem to have success with rewrites and I'm interested in what could become of "Where are our children"if I completed it.

Rewriting it might not be as big of an effort as even doing "Waiting"because the first draft is on my kindle. Easy Access. No back and forth. No trying to read my handwriting. I think I can do this. Right now the plan is to attack 3 chapters at a time. I haven't finalized the how, I mean George R R Martin method, traditional, or even John Sanford quirky short paragraph styles that I thought worked well in "Waiting".

My biggest fear was working on something exclusively that could take anywhere from a month or six months without seeing readership. Be brave, Gary. Be brave. I think it is a wonderful story. I think its a poignant story. I'm going to write it and take give it the time and voice it so richly deserves.

The time I truly deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment